Sorbie Sub Station
Dumfries and Galloway
The scheme involved the phased removal and replacement of two 33kv transformers with the demolition and re-construction of two new reinforced concrete transformer bunds. The work was completed within the live substation compound under Scottish Power Safety rules.
The scheme involved the following work elements:
- Site establishment and compound set up.
- Create CDM area within a live operational substation.
- Asbestos removal to redundant plant
- Removal and disposal of transformer oil.
- Dismantle existing transformers apparatus and remove from site.
- Establish location of existing buried cables via safe digging practices.
- Demolition of existing reinforced concrete transformer plinths and bunds.
- Excavate and install new cable ducts from control building to transformers.
- Excavate and construct two new transformer plinths and bunds.
- Construct new reinforced concrete road.
- Install new perimeter palisade fence
- Install new compound drainage.
- Re chip compound and external works.