Newton Stewart Sub Station
Dumfries and Galloway
The project involved the phased dismantling and removal of the existing 33kv transformer and structures. A new replacement transformer bund and structures was constructed ready to receive the new transformer and equipment.
- The scheme involved the following work elements:
- Establish site compounds and cabins.
- Create CDM area within a live operational substation.
- Decommissioning of electrical equipment and existing transformer.
- Dismantling and removal of existing transformer and electrical structures.
- Demolition and removal of existing concrete structures.
- Safe digging practices to locate and identify existing services and drainage.
- Excavate and construct new transformer structure, auxiliary transformer and N.E.R Base.
- Excavate and install 33kv, 11kv and multi core ducts.
- Install and test earthing grid.
- Excavate and install new compound drainage and full retention interceptor.
- Excavate and install pre cast concrete duct chambers and G.R.P. covers.
- Compound chippings and external works.