Green Quarter Manchester
The contract involved a ground works package, which included bulk excavations, deep drainage, concrete works, waterproofing and backfilling to basement structures.
The schemes involved the following work elements:
- Bulk excavations facilitating the installation of the Larson piles and associated struts and props to enable the reduced dig to basement level
- The drainage package consisted of both surface water and foul systems, which had to be piped from basement level and connected into the existing live Systems
- Reduce dig to formation and concrete blind with steel Foat finish ready to except waterproof membrane
- Waterproof tanking to external basement walls with Fibreboard protection
- Back filling operations were the most challenging aspect of the groundwork’s package. This was due to the width and height restrictions imposed by the Larson pile propping system