Gaerwen Sub Station
The contract involved the construction of a new primary substation and transformer base for Scottish Power.
The works consisted of providing a full construction package from inception to final handover.
The schemes involved the following work elements:
- Construction of 150M access road incorporating the installaton of a multi-core cable diversion
- Reduced level excavation to structures
- Construction of 300mm thick reinforced concrete raft foundation and walls
- Reinforced concrete transformer plinths and bund
- Power floated slab, service trenches and cable pits
- Fabrication and installation of galvanised support steelwork to 33kv cells
- Cavity wall construction
- Pre cast concrete roof slabs
- Flat roof construction with associated insulation and felt laid to falls
- Petrol interceptor and external drainage
- Interior decoration to substation