Project – Sorbie 33KV Transformer Replacements
Location- Dumfries and Galloway.
Client – Scottish Power
The scheme involved the phased removal and replacement of two 33kv transformers with the demolition and re construction of two new reinforced concrete transformer bunds.
The work was completed within the live substation compound under Scottish Power Safety rules.
The scheme involved the following work elements:
- Site establishment and compound set up.
- Create CDM area within a live operational substation.
- Asbestos removal to redundant plant
- Removal and disposal of transformer oil.
- Dismantle existing transformers apparatus and remove from site.
- Establish location of existing buried cables via safe digging practices.
- Demolition of existing reinforced concrete transformer plinths and bunds.
- Excavate and install new cable ducts from control building to transformers.
- Excavate and construct two new transformer plinths and bunds.
- Construct new reinforced concrete road.
- Install new perimeter palisade fence
- Install new compound drainage.
- Re chip compound and external works.